To become a member of The Kennel Club of Texarkana, you must visit at least one meeting and submit a completed Membership Application with dues for the current year. In the month following the receipt of your application, representatives from the Membership Committee will visit you at your home to discuss the Club's purposes, ideals and learn your views and practices relating to dogs. At the next club meeting your application will be voted on. You will be notified as to your acceptance or rejection for membership.
The Kennel Club of Texarkana meets on the second Monday of each month. Meetings usually include a program related to dogs and their care and training.
Visitors are welcome to attend and learn more about our club.
- To further the advancement and welfare of all breeds of purebred dogs.
- To rescue and promote the adoption of dogs.
- To train and certify dogs for Therapy and Canine Good Citizenship (CGC)
- To promote responsible dog ownership and prevent cruelty to all animals.
- To offer Obedience Training.
- To support the American Canine Health Foundation.
- To operate as a charitable organization and contribute to other animal organizations when funds are available.
The club shall not be operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
No member or other person or association shall in any way use the fact of his/her membership or name of The Kennel Club of Texarkana, Incorporated, for advertising or other purposes not specifically related to the Club's activities.